Thursday, April 19, 2012

Maternity wear

So yesterday I met a girl from Craigslist to get her old maternity clothes and I actually fared pretty well.  Out of the the 15 bottoms, 14 tops, and 3 dresses I came out home with for $20, 6 tops and 4 pants fit right away (they ranged in size from L to 2X), 1 skirt, 1 pair of slacks, and 3 dresses I will never wear and 1 pair of jeans that although they fit, the elastic band is too tight for comfort.  It was a pair of the ones that just has the thick band rather than the full belly spandex and those just arent comfortable to me at all.  Some of the larger sizes may never fit but I am going to hold onto them just in case, I have heard that sometimes with twins you have to go to the larger sizes and just deal with it being baggy everywhere else just to accommodate your huge belly.  Not bad at all for only $20.  Even the consignment places charge between $4-7 for just one shirt or pair of pants if not more.  In addition to those, Mom bought me 3 dresses, 3 blouses, and 2 tshirts yesterday plus Laura got me several cafe press tees (although they are pretty casual and I like to dress just a little nicer for my doctor appointments since its one of the only times I am out) and I already have 4 pairs of pants, 1 skirt and 2 blouses.  I was also looking in the consignment stores down by Steve's work yesterday and a woman dropping off donations gave me a practically brand new (its quite possibly never been used cause it isnt faded and has no stains) baby bjorn!  She told me they wouldnt take it and was just going to give it to goodwill and she just gave it to me, offered me a couple of other things but they were things I had already or, in the case of the nursing bras, were not my size.  It was so nice of her to do that and the bjorn carrier is not cheap either, it goes for $80 new.  Its nice being in a friendly region again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Nelson Baby Making Blog Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea