Monday, October 31, 2011

Rocking Chair for the baby's room

So picked up a rocker at goodwill for $5 but it was in need of reupholstering and refinishing.  So far got all the fabric and stuff removed, completely sanded down, and the first coat of stain on.  Here are some progress shots of it.

Here is it when I had just started the removal of fabric, see the awful ugly orange and its pretty dinged up as well.

and here it is once I have sanded down all wood that will not be covered by fabric.

I plan on staining it a warm grey and have gotten the first coat of grey stain on but it was a very cool grey and had too much of a purple look for my taste so I have to go and get a light brown stain to alternate coats with.  But I decided if the stain doesnt come out a color I will like I will just sand and start again.  I will not get discouraged ^_^  More to post soon.  

On a separate note I am expecting my period any day now.  Woot!


1 comment:

  1. That chair DOES look just like ours! I am impressed you are taking on the restoration yourself. I'm sure it will look amazing once it's all done. It's the most comfortable chair to nurse in!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Nelson Baby Making Blog Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea